WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Adapter, Converter or Transformer?
Normally when traveling to Europe the only thing needed is a Dual Voltage Adapter for a cell phone and laptop.
Purchase a UNIVERSAL ADAPTER, instead of using different adapters
for different countries.
- Phones & Laptops; need an adapter
to plug it into the wall.
- A Razor or Electric Toothbrush may work that way, however, you need to know if your device is dual voltage.
A VOLTAGE CONVERTER allows devices to operate at high temperatures and cannot be run on the electricity provided.
- A voltage converter is not going to help with electronics that aren’t dual voltage.
- Hair Devices (flat irons, curling irons, blow dryers) use dual voltage.
- The U.S. runs on 110 volt electricity.
- Japan is 100 volts.
- Europe, Asia, and Australia run between 220 volts and 240 volts.
A TRANSFORMER changes the current to something closer to pure voltage.
- If you are using electronics that are
not DUAL VOLTAGE a Transformer
is required. Purchase the smallest transformer .
- When choosing between a CONVERTER or TRANSFORMER,
you need to know the maximum
wattage at which your device(s) operate.
You need a Converter or Transformer that is certified to operate at
greater than that wattage.